From:
Becky DiRusso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:39:29 -0500
I too wanted to chip in on healthy ferrets.  We have 6 of them, ages 5
years (Sleepy), 3 1/2 years (Abby), two 1 year old (Annie and Andre), one
5 month old (Artie) and one 3 month old (Bob).  All are from pet stores
(ie Marshalls) except for Sleepy and Abby.  Sleepy came from Widget's
Halfway House in Winter Haven FL and Abby came from a private home, and
we think they got her from a pet store owner who had owned the parents.

We did have Ally up until the beginning of January, as most of you will
remember she got stuck in our oven and was electrocuted.  In September
of 2001, she had to have surgery to remove bladder stones.  Otherwise she
was healthy.

Annie has had a couple bouts of a mystery illness where she will get
lethargic and stop eating.  This has happens twice and she has bounced
back with fluids, hand feeding and antibiotics.  Her pattern has been
every 3-4 months.  The end of this month will be time again and we are
hoping that it doesnt continue.

Aside from Annie, we have had no other health problems as of yet (knock
on wood).

Becky and Heather
Bob and the A-Team (Abby, Andre, Annie, Arthur, Avery)