From:
Veronica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 09:24:45 -0800
Feel free to cross post.

This is difficult. I am wanting to re-home my last two ferrets from
Springville, TN. Let me give you a little background.

In the last 5 yrs. I have had nine ferrets. Not as many as some I know,
but even through the illnesses, they've been glorious years. I love
ferrets. I love everything about them...well...except pooping in the
corners. I love the sock stashing, I love the dooking, I love the
laughter. However, I have a broken heart...one more time. In the last
week, I have lost two of my last 4 fuzzies. Both I knew were sick.
Hippie was adrenal, but something happened that cut his life even
shorter. No necropsy was done, but it effected his bladder which made
him "weep" for the last two days or so. Hippie died very suddenly
before my appt. with the vet.

Just two days ago, my sweety little Ozzy who has been battling gastric
ulcers for 7 months finally refused to eat anymore after liquid diets
for that long. He was almost 8 yrs. old and just done. My daughter and
I were going Christmas shopping that day. I held his cold, but still
living body, for 30 minutes. He was getting warmer as I held him and he
would let out a sigh every now and again. It was time for me to go. I
had delayed leaving long enough and my heart broke as I laid him back
in his hammock one last time. I knew when we came home he would be
gone. I knew Ozzy was going to die soon, so I held off burying Hippie
so they could be buried together. They curled up together in real life,
they'll do so now in death.

I have two small girls left in my home. One girl, Chibi, is still
young. She's only about 3 yrs. old. She's full of life and is an avid
dooker. She loves her tubes and plastic bags and magic carpet rides.
She doesn't walk anywhere...she runs. She hides her rubber squeaky
babies in various places. She will eat kibble, but she also eats chicks
and loves them. She gives kisses...only in the crook of your elbow.
Her blaze has been lost for awhile now, but she is a small sable girl.
She'll chase a cat down any day.

The other is Roo. She's a sable/bib/mitt ferret of 7 yrs. (my last of
the origianl bunch so many years ago), and she'll be the next to go.
She is showing signs of a balding tail. It could mean anything. She has
not been to a vet for this. She will also chase down a cat, play in
bags and go for magic carpet rides. They play together better than any
of the other ferrets I ever had.

I don't want Chibi to be the last one here when Roo's body finally
fails her. Both are still very full of life and play all the time. I
believe Chibi still keeps Roo young. I can't do another loss. No ferret
here has ever died of just old age. It's been a serious illness.

These are my personal animals, even though I am the exotics coordinator
for our humane society. Even though they will go for free, they will
not go to just anyone. I will still put them though our adoption
process to make sure they will go to the right home. They will go
together...no exceptions. They will go for free...only because I got
all mine for free (except Chibi...$100 at a yard sale)...and it does
not mean they were not cheap. A lot of money has been spent on them
over the years. Roo will cause someone an expense. They must go to
someone that already has ferrets. Chibi will need playmates once Roo
is gone. Roo may have a good year of quality life left.

I can't do this again...and I need a break from the heart break. I'm
doing this for Chibi as much as I'm doing this for me. This little
treasure cannot be an only ferret. She was alone for 7 months before I
found her. They didn't even have a name for her...never even knew her
sex. I love them both enough to know what they need. They need another
home.

Food will go with them, but no cage. Chibi's favorite toys will go
with them.

If you're interested...and ONLY serious inquires that fit the mold...
please email me at prism_wolf @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces, of
course). Put anything "ferrets" in the subject line or the post will
be deleted as junk.

1. Must take them together.
2. Must have other ferrets.
3. Must understand Roo could be getting adrenal disease.
4. They have not been tested for ADV (and will not be)
5. Are due for their shots (will get this done before they go)
6. Are being fed a mix of ZuPreem, Purina One Growth (chicks for
   Chibi...not mandatory for taking her)
7. Pictures are available...
   http://prismwolf.fotopic.net/p13364405.html
   http://prismwolf.fotopic.net/p13364411.html