Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:09:51 -0400
Greetings all!

I've got a question and I apologize if the topic has been addressed a
jillion times before but....

I live in Maine where the mosquitos rival the size of helicopters.  Not
only is their bite vicious but heart worms are prevalent because of them.
I understand that our little ferret-friends are suseptible to heartworms.
Since I often take my ferret for a walk, I am going to be very concerned
about heartworms.  What do I do to prevent my fur-kids from getting
heartworms?  What heartworm meds are effective?  Or is there a website
that addresses this issue?

I'd appreciate any responses!

BTW, I'm going to Ferret Fun Day in N. Conway, NH  (taking my grandparents
who will be up visiting from PA!) and hope to meet some of you there!
(Hey!  All of us FML'ers oughtta wear a T-shirt or pin that says FML so
we can actually MEET!) :-)

Renee Renee
Punchbug's Carpet Sharks
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/3157