From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 05:53:04 GMT
I hope and pray Sprinkles pulls through, and gets much better.

I'm not sure if you had researched it or not, if it would have made any
difference.  I've always known to separate the two, but only learned
recently that a ferret that has never had the slightest bit of a reaction
to a distemper vaccination can end up having one the next time, or the
next... and so on.

You allowed the vaccination in an attempt to protect and care for
Sprinkles, thinking you were doing what was right, and what was best.
You couldn't have known.  Canine Distemper in a ferret is, or almost
always is fatal.  I think there MIGHT be one case of survival, and am not
certain that it was, indeed, distemper.

I just wanted to let you know that I care, and that I so hope Sprinkles
makes a full recovery.

Sonya

The hospital bit reminds me of my little one when she was in the hospital,
under different circumstances.  And the name Sprinkles reminds me of a
little sable female I saw and wanted in a pet store back in '98.  I never
got her, but visited often.  She had tiny white 'sprinkles' all over the
bridge of her nose, her cheeks, and on her forehead.  I didn't get her
because she had a brother and they seemed very attached to one another.  I
wasn't ready for three, and didn't want to separate them.  I had already
named her Sprinkles :)