From:
William Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:02:58 -0800
As a Christmas gift, I received a ozone generator/air purifier.  Several
such items are frequently advertised on television.  I tried it last
night in my bedroom where my ferret also sleeps to see if it had any
effect on the odor that others (I can no longer detect it) notice.

A guest in my house commented that the next morning that there was no
longer any odor in that room.  However, I woke with a scratchy throat
and I noticed my ferret sneezing severals times.  I quick internet
search came up with the following site by the EPA:
http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

In a nutshell, according to the EPA, the use ozone generators indoors
is harmful.  While ozone is a good thing in the upper atmosphere where
it blocks radiation, it is a bad thing to breathe.  No such device is
approved or endorsed by the EPA, despite claims to the contrary by the
manufacturers of such devices.  I am amazed that they can be sold
legally.

If anyone else has experience or knowledge in this area, I would be
interested in your comments.  Mine is for sale cheap.