From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:10:04 -0500
Dear friends,

Here at Ledoux Hospice, everyone sort of mingles with everyone else,
well sort of. We have the usual squabbles, some more serious than
others.

One of my girls, Charity, was never fond of Kitty who always thought
he'd like to have her for dinner. He was always scheming up ways to
catch her, but her never could.

One day, he devised a way to climb up on the curtain rod that ran
across the window at the half way point, and sit and watch Charity.
She just ignored him. But, when he leaned over and stuck his paw into
her cage to try to get one of her toys, the battle was on. Kitty was
balanced on the curtain rod, (I had long since changed the metal rod
to a half inch dowel) and Charity fluffed up her tail and wiggled it.

Not to be outdone, Kitty wiggled his tail, then, without warning,
Charity turned, backed up, and in a flash, sprayed Kitty full in the
face.

He pulled his paw out quickly, he coughed, he sputtered, then he tried
to wash it off. He licked his paw to wash his face and went to lick it
again for more water. AAAGGGGHHHHHH he thought he died. He just closed
both eyes and shook his head. His tongue flicked in and out of his
mouth as he gasped for breath. He leaped down from the rod and headed
for the lined closet. I guess he finally got the scent off, because
when I took a towel out to shower, I noticed a new scent on the fabric
that was not the cedar blocks that I used to have in there.

Well, at least they knew I was their Foster Mom, I now smelled like
one of the crew.

Marilyn Ledoux at Ledoux Hospice