From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 09:10:57 -0400
All of the stories of escapes, etc. reminds me of Lily when she was just a
tiny little kit (she's nearly 5 now).  She was always a challenge to find.
She was my second baby, and, though I knew all of Lucy's hidey holes, Lily
was a new challenge (as each new ferret is).  One time, I looked and looked
for her and then started hearing a strange noise.  We kept our gas grill
inside the Florida room at that time (not when cooking, of course) and Lily
had somehow managed to get into it and I found her standing on the cooking
surface like a slab of meat!  She did it another time also.  I never have
figured out how she did that because the lid was down and it didn't look
like there was enough room to squeeze in there.  To make it more
interesting, Lily is an albino and had crawled up through a dirty, nasty
grill.  She was a sight to see!

Another time, my husband called me at work and said, "I ran by the house and
I put Lily in the cage".  I said "EXCUSE ME, what do you mean".  He said
when he came in the front door she came running down the hall to greet him.
The little booger had escaped from her cage!!!  It had two springy locks on
the door and I got tired of messing with them so I had taken one off and put
the other in the center.  Well, the other latch went back on that day.

Champ is the Master of Masters.  He's my first boy and he is ALL boy!  He
can get into more things than you could ever imagine.  Just yesterday, he
climbed to the top of some shelves in the Florida room and was having the
time of his life destroying the one remaining live plant in the house.  It
looks pretty sad.  He's conquered the top closet shelves no matter what I
do.  There is no way for him to get up there but he does.  I even cleaned
all the closets out a while back to try to foil his adventures.  He still
can do it.  I never catch him until I start hearing noise and he's already
up there having the time of his life slinging things down to the others.
I shuddered when people talked about climbing the brick on the fireplace.
I immediately deleted that issue so he wouldn't get any ideas.

Katharine
Lily, Lany, Blaze, and Champ