From:
Phyllis Berker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:59:43 EDT
I finally saw this horrid Verizon ad this evening (7:15pm CST), during
"Star Trek: ENTERPRISE" on our UPN station (Channel 50 here in
Chicagoland).  I was definitely upset.  It had no rhyme or reason, other
than to put ferrets in a negative light.  They could have shown the
emergency usage of Verizon's phones, by the guy getting locked in the
bathroom, closet, or something similar for gosh sakes!  If they wanted
an element of humor in the ad, there are plenty of other ways.  This
ad with the ferret wasn't even cute, let alone funny.  I'm definitely
contacting Verizon, and putting my two sense in.  At least I don't use
Verizon or any product they offer.

Phyllis