From:
Amber Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:23:01 -0800
Hi BIG,

I realize this probably won't see the light of day, but I am desperate.
One of the things I admire about this list is that it reaches so many
people.  Not just normal people..  but people who ahve hearts and actually
care.  This isn't ferret related but this means the world to me...

[Moderator's note: A while back the subscribers decided that important
off-topic posts were Ok for the FML.  So here ya go...at the least I'll
bet a bunch of positive thoughts are going your way.  BIG]

Puffy Dog got lost today (03/24/02) at 2pm my time.  Puffy Dog is my bird,
she is a Senegal parrot (green with a yellow V on her tummy and a grey
head.)  She is 2 yrs old, hatched on January 5, 2002.  She has a band on
her leg and the number is either 147 or 149.  She was lost in San Diego,
CA.  There is a reward for her return.  I am going to call petstores and
vets tomorrow.  I am printing up fliers, and I have notified all my
neighbors.  This bird is very special to me..  I've had her since she was
two months old, I handfed her and bonded with her.  She also is one of the
most special animals in the world as she loves other animals (which scares
me..) she loves ferrets, dogs, cats and snakes..  She isn't afraid of
them.  She was heartbroken when her favorite ferret passed on.  You see..
she is just like us ferret people.  She knows how special they are..  she
even makes noises like one.I know this is a long shot (if it even makes it
on the list) but if you guys could please keep an eye out for her..  I've
heard of strange r things happening.

If you do find her or if you could pass this info on to any bird people..
the info to contact me at is

(619) 807-2452 (yes it's ok to use my number..  it mostly goes to
voicemail as I'm at work..  but I'll try to keep it onthe next few weeks)

My e-mail is [log in to unmask]

Thanks a bunch.

Amber (Puffy Dog's heartbroken mom)