From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:01:52 -0700
The story was passed to Jules Johns.  Jules wrote:

...she found everything in disarray.  All thecourt members were wailing,
tables were over turned, plates broken, candles melting on the floor,
and the great tapestries had been ripped to shreds.  Christianaferret
ran from person to person asking about her father.  A few of the
courtiers recognized her, most didn't, but none would tell her what
happened.  At mention of the Dook of Swellington the courtiers just
wailed all the louder.  Christianaferret was beginning to panic.  She
ran back to The Dook of Cornish Hen, panting, and began to cry that she
couldn't find her father and everything was a mess and NO one would tell
her what happened.

Immediately the Dook took her paw and led her back into the mess.  He
found a guard, who was trying to help an elderly lady ferret, and
demanded to know what had happened.

"I am the Dook of Cornish Hen and I demand to know what happened here!"

The guard stood at attention, he was taller than the dook for he was a
mink, but he showed the utmost respect for the Dook.  Christianaferret
recognized him as the guard who often stood watch at the end of her
corridor, her thoughts of this were interrupted as the mink guard started
to speak.

"Well Sir, all the courtiers were having dinner with the Dook so he
could make the official announcement that his daughter was missing when
suddenly the room was swarmed by an army of badgers lead by an evil
ferret dressed all in dark green robes.  No one saw his face, for he wore
a mask.  He yelled for the badgers to seize the Dook and kill anyone who
got in their way.  Of course all of us gaurds rushed to protect the Dook,
but there were too many of them.  The badgers grabbed the Dook and fled
the castle." The guard hung his head and sniffed.  "I only wish I could
have done more.  We tried to get to him,but there were just too many.

The Dook patted the guard on the shoulder, "I'm sure you all did your
best, but now we must take action.  Please, tell me, is this the
princess?"

Dook pulled the weeping Christianaferret out from behind him.  The
guard looked shocked.

"Princess!  I'm so relieved your alright!" he nearly shouted.

Christiana was too upset to answer.  She couldn't believe her ears.  Her
father had been Kitnapped!  She barely heard the Dook give orders to the
guard to round up his business and start a search party.  Just as she
thought she might drown in her tears she remembered her box.  "I could
ask it where my father is!" she thought longingly.  "If only I had it!"

Just as another wave of tears hit her the door to the room crashed open
and Count Hiss-Hiss slowly walked through the door.  He was carrying a
large envelope.  The Dook immediately strode over to him with
Christianaferret close behind.

"What are YOU doing here?" he growled.

The count tut-tutted under his breath.  "Such a tone you take with your
uncle.  I came because I heard the news of the Dook of Swellington's
Kitnapping," he said in an oily tone.  He held out the envelope he was
holding to the Dook, "I found this on the steps of the castle."

The Dook grabbed the envelope, tore it open, and read the contents.  As
he did, all the color drained from his face.  Christiana tugged on his
sleeve.

"What does it say?  Do they want a ransom?" she asked impatiently.

The count stood there leaning on the elegant cane he carried, spinning
his monocle, watching the pair of them.

"Go on then, read it to us, Nephew," he said slyly.

The Dook read aloud the papers he was holding.  The first was a letter
from Christianaferret's father stating that the kitnapping had been
staged and that he had just grown tired of being Dook.

The second paper was a legal document leaving his Dookdom to Count
Hiss-Hiss and the third paper was a marriage order.

"And I hereby declare that my daughter Princess Christianaferret shall
be married to Count Hiss-Hiss," finished the Dook.

He lowered the papers, his paws shaking and turned to Christiana.  A
look of complete terror had come over her face.  Her pretty nose was
drained of color.  She looked like a ghost.

"My, my, my," said Count Hiss-Hiss as he started to walk around.  His
face broke into an evil grin, "He could have just told me.  There really
was no need for all the fuss."

"YOU DID THIS!" Christiana screamed.

"QUIET YOU PITIFUL GIRL!" he shouted back at her.  She cowered behind
the Dook, who's face plainly showed the rage he was feeling.

The count continued on "Show some respect to your future husband!

Now, where was I.  Oh Yes.  Now that I am Lord over this Dookdom, I
shall....