From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:05:10 -0700
I got through to my OR USA vet and am somewhat reassured. She says
hind end weakness often occurs w sick ferrets and goes away when they
get strong and well. Not a prob to do intramusc in the tiny little
back legs!

Also ferts can digest bone, so any poss fragments = no problem.

Fresh blood in stool also a common thing in sick ferrets and goes away
when they are well

Seisure prob due to inadequate sugar or infection, so we just gave a
little honey wh she says is usually ok. Will see if Dr D can get a
blood sugar reading on Artie.

So w relief I shall go to bed, setting the alarm for 4 hrs for another
feeding. I forgot to ask Alice if that is necessary. I've assumed it
is, since he is usually moving about the room during the night.

Speaking of which, I certainly worry about rolling over on Artie when
he crawls into the bed.

I wd welcome your opinions and advice about Artie, though i am now
much relieved after talking w Alice.

Bye for now.