From:
Sara Gennusa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:04:49 EST
Dear Janice,
In regards to your question as to which brands are better, I can only
tell you that treat-wise, my ferrets prefer 8-in-1.  The Ferretvite is
more pasty, and doesn't get all over everything.  It's cleaner and they
can eat it easier, without getting it all over their whiskers.  The
Furo-vite on the other hand, is separated, and the oil gets all over
EVERYTHING.  It's funny watching them try to maneuver it into their
mouths without getting sticky strings all over their face.  With that
said, I think that Ferretvite is the better of the two.  My girls also
really like the new Vitamin and Skin an Coat Treats by 8-in-1.  They're
low in sugar content, and healthier than say fruit or cereal.  They think
they're getting a treat, I say they're getting healthy.  A win-win
situation.

When I was recently getting my ferrets professionally photographed, The
only way I could get Nibbles to sit still was to shake a Yogies can.
My best picture of her ended up with her standing behind the Yogies can
with her foot in the air.  When I get a website I'll post the picture
online.  I actually sent the pic to 8-in-1, and they're sending me a box
of goodies for my guys.  They obviously are customer friendly.  Just
suggestions from a biased consumer.

Sincerely,
Sara and the Fab Four