From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 10:35:48 -0500
This is such the best season.  What is it about the holidays that makes
everyone care a little bit more and want to do a little bit more?!  Feels
so good!

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep checking out the little ones on
the FML Giving Tree.  It's amazing how much gets done when we all do a
little.

I have to admit I check the tree often and choose my ferret late (my
heart always goes out to the last ones chosen, and I want to be sure
they have a Santa).  Usually I let my ferrets pick one that speaks out
to them, and I wait for the unchosen ferret.  Let's make sure none of
them are without a santa.  I can harldy belive how many ferrets are
having their wishes fulfilled.  Pages 1 thru 10 are completely filled
with stockings!  As of right now there are 261 ferrets with Santa's!!!!
(feeling so proud to be a member of the fml!)

Please don't forget that your gift isn't just for your ferret, it's for
the shelter Mom/Dad that do so much everyday of the year.  Your gift of
course directly helps the ferret (anyone notice those little souls that
are hoping Santa can send a contribution to the surgery they are waiting
for.  the surgery that will help them be ready for their forever home?)
but it also helps the Mom/Dad at such a hard time of year.  Yes, it's the
most beautiful time of year, but think of how much your time and your
money is stretched thin during the holidays.  Imagine how much more so it
is for the shelter Mom and Dads.  They sacrifice so much throughout the
year, let's make the holidays a little easier and cheerier for them.

The best part is even when you can't send a lot, the gift still means a
lot.  To be doing sheltering day after day and meeting with some of the
worst humanity must be so discouraging.  Sheltering is often solitary
work, trying so hard to make a difference in you corner of the world.
Doing so much to help the ferrets in an often isolated situation.  Most
shelters are home shelters, doing it all themselves.  To suddenly feel
the support and caring of people reaching out from everywhere must mean
so much.  To not be alone in the battle, to have a little help when it
matters so much.

Please choose a ferret to be a santa to this season.  Something so
magical about the holidays and believing.  Help make a ferret and a
shelter parent believe!

Risa

http://www.mkaresq.com/shelterferretsgivingtree.htm