From:
Margaret Wilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:15:08 EDT
As a rescuer of sixteen years, my heart has been broken many times, as a
rescuer I've never laughed as hard and as a rescuer I have met some of the
best people God ever put on this earth.  And as a rescuer of so many years
I'd like to share my memories of Ferrets of the past.  Some of them will
make you cry, and some will make you laugh.  So to my memories I share:

The one that hunts me the most and I can't stop thinking of her.  This is
her story.

It was early 1991 I received a phone call from a gentlemen who asked if I
would take his ferret and find it a good home, I said "of course, but why
are you giving her up?  He told me "my wife runs a license day care and one
of the mother spotted her and ask my wife to get rid of or else she would
turn her in can't stand to think of my girl being taken and killed by the
Fish and Game Warden would just kill me.  So I told him whenever he is ready
just to come over.  That night around 7 o'clock I answered my door, and
there stood a man 7 feet tall and in his hand he had the smallest ferret
I've ever seen.  This man had the biggest hands I've seen on a man.  He held
on to her while we talked.  He tells me he has only had her for three month.
He had rescued her from his brother who had been using her in cockfight.  He
couldn't stand what he was doing to her so he stole her from him.  She had
a punctured lung and was blind in one eye as the results of living with his
brother.  This man goes to show me how she likes her water bowl right next
to her basket and shows me where her toys went.  You could tell this man
was in love with his ferret.  As the time was approaching 10 o'clock he
knew he had to leave.  And the poor man just started crying like a little
baby.  He almost had me going, so I stepped outside so he cry and say his
good-byes.  When he came outside told him not to worry, That I would take
very good care of her.  As he drove away I told myself.  I will keep her
here because someday they will be legal, and when that day comes FARRIN
will go home where she belongs.  I promised this to Farrin I never in a
million years thought it would take us this long, if ever.  But 7 years
later and Farrin being almost ten and still not legal.  ECE hit and this
was a nightmare that I wished hadn't happen, but it did.  After 3 months
of the forced feedings IV fluids, vet visits said no more!  God no more I
can't put her through this anymore I just can't and I didn't.  I loved her
so and she wasn't even mind.  This is my memory of FARRIN

Margaret Wilton