From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:40:18 -0500
>hmmm, I just got an e-mail from yahoo groups saying that the moderator of
>the FOB ferrets group is denying my membership request.
>
>Well, I didn't request membership - but thanks for nothing anyways.
>
>Risa
>very happy with the fml (-:
>
>[Moderator's note: FOBferrets is a very different type of group -- much
>more conversational and often off-topic compared to the FML.  That's not
>a BAD thing at all - just different.   But if you really didn't request
>membership then I'm not sure what the issue is -- perhaps someone forged
>your e-mail address?  I dunno.  [Disclaimer: I scan the FOB list at times
>but I don't have anything to do with the running of it.  BIG]

That's miserable if it's an imposter, so I hope not, for your sake.  As
many folks know there's someone in the ferret community who at times
pretends to be me -- has happened on and off for many years now.  (Gosh,
I'd guess over ten years so far?)  Hope that you don't have anyone who
wants to pretend to be you because it's truly a royal pain in the butt.
Imitation may be flattery but suffering an imposter really goes too far;
believe me on that.  Hope that you let Carla of FOB know that you'd never
requested it so that she can pass along related mails and headers to you
and you can trace this down!