From:
Lisa Ferret Mom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:06:46 -0700
Someone was posting about high vet costs.  As you all know, our Stinky
had surgery last Saturday for an enormous hairball and stayed at the vet
hospital until Wednesday.  He was in rough shape when he went in.  The
vet did surgery Saturday afternoon, and called me afterwards.  As always,
he patiently answered the 100 questions I had also.  Sunday morning when
I called to check on Stinky, the vet himself answered the phone as he was
there checking on Stinky and a few others there.  They offer absolutely
wonderful care for all the animals there.  Total bill?  Including several
bottles of vitamins, meds and cans of a/d purchased - $318.  I expected
more.  They did not charge me for the a/d they provided when he was
there, or some of the meds they gave him.  Keep in mind the vet has
someone who LIVES there to care for the animals 24/7.

Now the above also brings me to my question.  Stinky is an EXTREMELY
picky eater.  I never thought he would take to the soup as he would never
eat it here.  He was inprinted on 2 specific foods.  Stinky has now done
a complete 180 - he will only eat the soup and has ZERO interest in
anything else.  Any suggestions on how to get him switched back?  I
have started to grind some of his food into the soup so it takes on the
smell/taste hoping it would spark some interest.  To test him on any
kind of solids, I even offered him a Cheerio.  Normally he would have
practically took my finger off trying to steel it and run off, and he
snubbed his nose at it.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lisa
Trickster (Stinky), Pepper, Mitsy and Pristine

I wish I were a Teddy Bear - Everybody loves them!  Nobody cares how fat
the are!  The older they get, the more they're worth!