From:
Kim Adkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:18:42 EDT
My husband and I opened a ferret rescue several months ago.  There
weren't any other rescues in this part of TN (about 20 miles west of
Knoxville) and since I had been taking care of ferrets (ie owned by
ferrets) for more than 15 years, we decided to open one.

I'm curious as to what other shelters do for fundraising.  Right now I'm
crocheting ferret afghans (human sized afghans with ferrets on them) to
sell to pay vet bills.  I also do glass-etching and have sold several
pieces with ferrets on them (treat jars, mirrors, picture frames, vases,
drinking glasses,etc).

I'l also in the process of becoming 501 C3 exempt....any tips on getting
through this process?

Kim