Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:27:27 -0700
Congratulations Mary!

I am so pleased to see another ferret mom offering the best health to
their ferrets by offering raw meaty items! Glad to see you worked meat
into their menu. There is a way to completely removing kibble from
their diet and still not having to deal with flies. You can offer
dehydrated meats and freeze dried meaty items in addition to their
raw offerings.

I dry and freeze dry my own but there are lots of commercially
available products. Offering a wide variety of meaty items is the key
to offering complete nutrition. You are also offering them bones in
appropriate sizes? Cornish game hen bones, chicken rib bones, chicken
wing tip bones, sardines with bones, canned salmon with bones are all
good sources and usually well received by the ferrets. Another option
is to pulverize egg shells and mix this into their ground meats or
coat their meaty item.

Cheers,
Kim

please visit :