Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:09:28 -0500
I had Joey put to sleep at about 5:30 PM last Friday.  The vet & I
decided that that was the best thing, seeing as how the ulceration on his
tumor would've only gotten worse, and more painful.  He also had a "new"
tumor on his spleen the size of a gumball, which wasn't there a month or
two ago.

It was one of the hardest things I've had to do.  My sister & I said
goodbye and we both gave him lots of love.  He gave me a zillion kisses -
I think he was saying goodbye.

He is greatly missed by his dad, mom, ferret sister (Sarah), and human
sister (Megan).

Sandee, if you could show him the way to the hammocks - he loved to
lounge around all day and dream :)  He also had a cagemate at the shelter
that died before I adopted him - if you could look up Jack and hook them
back up, I'm sure he'd be thrilled.

Tell him I'll miss his kisses and his sweet teddy bear face.  Sarah
misses her big pillow, and the world will never be the same without him.

Joey McNamara
July 25, 1998 to September 12, 2003

~ Goodnight sweet prince, and may flights
  of angels sing thee to thy rest ~

Amy

[ps] Below is a journal entry I made on August 4, 2002.

"it baffles the mind..."

about 2 hours ago i was online and i glanced over at the ferret cage
(next to my desk) and saw joey sleeping soundly on the second level.
he looked so peaceful and sweet - and his little chin was resting on
the floor of that level and his little eyes were squinted shut...

and it came to me: of the gazillions of living beings on earth, how
special is it that this sweet loving soul residing in the body of a
"common" ferret could touch the life of another of the gazillion living
beings on earth (me) and how fortunate i am to have such a sweet loving
soul in my life.

it sounded better in my head, though ;) or when i first thought of it 2
hours ago but got sidetracked by the boyfriend (on the phone - miss him
lots - sniff sniff)...

maybe i'll try to conjure up some lyrics and write a song about this
furry little soul...