From:
Suzette Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 21:59:12 -0500
My ferret has been going through the same thing as Lisa's ferret.  I
posted a message about 3 days ago or so regarding this.  My ferret was
recovering from adrenal surgery just fine but just prior to to the trip
from the U.S.  to Misawa (Japan) she stopped eating.  She was still
eating fine but by the time we got to Misawa 3 days later, she wasn't
drinking anymore either!  She lost a lot of weight and was grinding her
teeth a lot.  My husband and I took turns cuddling her and making sure
she took her pedialite and duck soup (chicken broth, chicken gerber,
totally ferret).  She's perfectly fine now but the tooth grinding
continues.  I don't think she has intestinal blockage because her bowel
movements and urination are normal.  Her teeth are not crooked, overly
large, and I don't see any visible problems like swollen or red gums.
Can anyone shed some light on this?  Grinding teeth can't bee good for
our ferrets!

Also: I don't know any ferret-savvy vets in Misawa, or Hochinohe Japan.

Thanks,
Suzette