From:
Mary Frerich-Kulesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:38:00 EDT
First, I'd like to apologize for not getting my Easter cards to all the
ferret groups I belong to.

Now for Wiley!

We got Wiley as a rescue almost a year ago.  When we first got him, he
was a sweet, but antisocial ferret with a vision problem and hair loss.
We thought at first he might be adrenal, but after spending several
months on a totally different diet, cutting way back on his sugar intact,
his coat is once again the beautiful coat he was always meant to have.

The week before last I noticed that his tummy felt harder than usual, so
we made an appointment for him to see our local vet, who agreed that his
spleen was larger than it should be and recommended putting him through
several biopsies.  He had them done a week ago this past Thursday.

Friday we received a call from our vet, he told us that both the spleen
and bone marrow tests came back with bad news.  Wiley has Lymphosarcoma
and Lymphoid Leukemia, and that Wiley might have 2 months left to live.
Very bad news for us and Wiley, but at least we've had him long enough to
have a better idea of what we can do to make his remaining life easier
and happier for him.

We'd like to thank everyone for their prayers, cards and kind thoughts.
I don't know what we would have done without all your support.

I will keep everyone posted on his condition and his death, which we have
decided to assist him with when we see the quality of life has gone down
to where he is no longer the happy, loving ferret we have come to know
and love.

Again, Thank You All!  God Bless and we hope everyone has had a safe and
Happy Easter.

Mare
Keeper of the 8 Fuzz Kids
who are keepers of the shotguns!
Clyde, Bonnie, Bear, Memers, Stinky, Wiley, Tweeky
 & our newest rescue: Slinky (Link-a-Link) Rescued: 01-02-03
Rainbow Bridge Baby's: Boozer 09-28-02