From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 09:57:53 -0700
Steve, sounds like Coonsie needs a digging box to play in.  Can you make
him a rice box to play in outside the cage?  You'll need a large tub or
storage container, it takes about 40 pounds of rice to make a fair size
play box.  If you can sweep up tossed out rice easily, it should be open,
but if you have to place it on a carpeted area, one with a cover is ok.
Make a round ingress/egress opening in either the lid or the side.

The spot where he's been pottying has absorbed the odor, can you clean
it over and over to try and eliminate this?  Can you make that spot a
specific use place for a while?  Like putting a beddie there, or moving
the food and water crocks to cover it up?

It's my opinion that ferrets react to obvious efforts to curb their
behavior in a very nose thumbing way.  Pointing and scolding seem to bring
on "ooooh, look how nice and excited she gets, if I poop in the middle of
the floor again I'll get to see her waving her arms and whirling around"!
Well, that's the way it seems to work in MY house...

Georgia - the left coast one...