Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:17:07 -0500
Hello everyone.  I haven't written in a while.  I wrote a few months back
about my poor sick ferret Minnie.  I had a tremendous outpouring of
compasion from many of the Ferret Digest memebers.  At that time, she
seemed to be getting well.

She began getting sick a couple of weeks ago.  She wasn't eating and using
her litter box regularly.  We kept a watchful eye on her for a few days.  We
finally took her to the Vet.  When we did, he said she had lost a tremendous
amount of weight and was very sick.  He ordered blood tests on her.  We
brought her home that night and tried to get her to eat again.  We put
chicken boullion on her food this time.  She ate.  She ate ravenously.
That night we had a terrible snow storm hit and we couldn't get her to the
Vet the next morning.  She continued to eat well and she was much more
energetic.  We thought that may be she just had a bad cold.

We took her back to the Vet the next chance we got.  This time, she
prescribed her antibiotics because she thought that Minnie just had a cold
too.  Minnie continued to eat and drink and use her litter box regularly
for about a week.

This week she hasn't eaten a single drop of food.  We tried force feeding
her and she just throws it back up again.  She won't drink anything unless
it has sugar in it.  The Vet ran some more tests on her yesterday and they
think she may have cancer.  She looks very pitiful and she's so tiny and
fragile feeling.  I just dropped her off at a specialty doctor to find out
for sure what is wrong with her.  We have only one problem.  We are not
going to be able to afford her treatment if she does have cancer.  It makes
me very sad to think that just because we don't have the means to provide
her with necessary treatment, she may die.  We've tried to come up with
some type of solution but to no avail.  Is there any organization or
anything or anyone that can help us?!  We want so desparately for her to
live and be healthy.

Please someone let us know if there is anyway that someone can help Minnie.

April Robertson
Vine Grove, Kentucky