From:
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:57:43 EST
Just a short update before I go to work.

I talked to a manager of Petco, a friend of mine, who I know cares about
the ferrets.

He called the store I went into to alk to the manager there.  He was out
sick, so he talked to the girl in charge of the small animals.  she is
the one I spoke with that day I went in.  She told him that the ferret was
geting better, and he got the impression that they think I'm a fanatic.
So in other words, they don't listen to me, she told him, I know how to
take care of the ferets.  Well so do I and probably know a wee bit more
that 99% of petstore employees.

Anyway, I'm going to talk to that manager, per advice of my friend.  I
will let him know I only care about the welfare of the ferrets, but if
you want to lable me a nut case, I will become one.  I will call animal
control every time I see an infraction.  Or they can let me help and get
things corrected.  I also have a friend that wrote out state vet, again,
about the ferret situation in Petco.  We will see if they think he is a
fanatic also.  I have a customer service number for Petco.  800-571-2952.

Anyone, please call this number when you personall see something wrong
with the ferrets, or any animal there.  Lodge a complaint, make
suggestions, be civil so they listen.  Also if you se something really
bad, call your animal control, they have to go check out complaints.

Everyone has a state vet, they are they to help in these situations also,
make they earn their keep, lol.

If we all work together maybe we can make a difference.

I'm also looking for Las Vegas people hat may be able to help me out,
check on the Petco's, let me know what they see.  I really can not find
the time to do it all.

I have stopped 4 sales of Petco babies this week, I will continue to do
so until I feel the kits are doing well enough to be bought.  I also tel
people that if they do buy one, to please contact me if there are any
problems with the kit.

I will be letting the 2 mom's of the 3 kits they bought that died, where
to call and write to try to make a difference.

Thanks,
CJ