From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 01:05:28 +0000
Hi All,

This here is from Maggie's ferrets.  We know she has been talking about us
and we don't think she should be the only one.  So, while she is finally off
the pooter and studying Plato and stuff, we are going to tell on her.

Well, you kinda know what Mom looks like from her picture.  But she looks a
little different now.  First off, she didn't have on her specs in that shot.
And then her hair is a lot different.  Lots.  It's kinda red and real curly.
She used to make it straight but got tired of fighting nature.  Ok, so the
red is kinda fighting nature too, but she is letting it grow out.  But we
aren't sure if she will stay that way, lots of grey hair, and she don't seem
to like it.  We don't understand, cause Georgie has lots of grey and she
ain't dyed him red yet.

She says when it gets black and grey again, she is gonna put on all her
Indian jewelry and go back to Oklahoma.  And then everyone will ask her what
tribe she is in.  She always thought this was funny since she ain't.  And of
course she tells everyone.  But our Auntie Terri says different.  She is
Indian and says Mom has to have some in her because everyone knows that the
Irish married a lot of Indians.  They have argued about this for twenty
years now.  And since one of her Celtic preceedents was one ofthe first
white traders in Oklahoma, it might be true.

Mom is learning English at school, even though we think she is real good at
it already.  We want her to learn more anthropology and bring us home lots
of bones.  She says if she did that the bones would be too big for us cause
she likes something called forensics.  We say the bigger the better!!

Now for the good stuff.  She laughs a lot and cries a lot.  Mom says it has
to do with being a Celt.  Lots of emotion.  She's stubborn too.  And drinks
lager.  And tequila.  She takes lots of pics of us but ain't got her
darkroom set up yet.  Mom gots lots of books too, Miss Delilah and Conan the
Toebiter love taking them off the shelves.  And she loves to cook and bake.

But most important of all, she loves us and we love her!  Oh oh, think we
hear her coming, better dance now.

The Mid Mizzou Mob of Maggie Mae's