From:
Karen Ellingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:28:12 -0700
I am wondering if anyone on the list has had any experience with
Waardenburg Syndrome and tumors of the head or eye area?

We have a 4 yr. Badger that has the white stripe on his head, tail,
knees, dark red eyes.  He is deaf or has very little hearing, it is very
hard to tell.  He has developed an area of concern to the top and back
of one of his eyes.  Our vet fears it may be a tumor around the eye area.
It took us totally by surprise.  we were thinking perhaps a minor eye
irritation.

We will be discussing our options next week (currently are trying a trial
of antibiotic/steroid ointment and so far no change, so we will pursue on
consult with vet specializing in eyes).  Has anyone seen tumors like this
before?

Louis is the sweetest ferret. We are all a little sad.

=====
Karen Ellingson