From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 10:12:17 -0400
This is just anecdotal, not meant to prove or impy anything.

I have four ferrets.
1)  Female, age 3, from pet store in VA, NO Marshall's Farm tattoos.
    Recovering nicely from recent adrenal surgery.
2)  Male, rescue, history unknown, age about 5, no MF tattoos. In advanced
    adrenal right now.
3)  Female, came with above, no MF tattoos, also about age 5, excellent
    health.
4)  Male, baby, from pet store in CT, MF certificate and tattoos. No health
    problems - yet.

SO, three of my four ferrets are NOT MF, and two of my three non-MF ferrets
have adrenal problems.  Guess in my little isolated case, MF is not to
blame.  But I do worry that my lovely MF baby faces health problems in the
future.  Is it inevitable?  I'm actually afraid to get any more ferrets
because of the threat of adrenal/insulinoma problems and expense.  *sob*

Kat