From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:39:58 EST
What do my ferrets say in their own WORDS?

Daisy nudges my toes with her front paws in the morning so that I will
see her and hold her, and she can get a good view of what she can snoop
into higher up.She loves the kitchen counter while I prepare their soup.

Mini-Me scratches my back in the very early morning hours, around 3 A.M.
for stinky ferret/chicken pieces.  If I try and ignore her, she moves up
to claw relentlessly at the back of my head.  I can place her on the
floor a dozen times.  It will not stop her.  She is saying...it is time
for my morning snack.

Daisy crawls under the sheets about 5 A.M. to play, and will not stop
scratching her way up my pajama leg until I shake her out, and toss her
about a bit on the bed, and roll her on her back while she pretends to
fight my hand.  She is saying...good morning mommie!!!!!

Sunny Rhino Mudd snuffles in my face around 6:30, until my eyes open to
see his whiskery face.  He wants a treat left out for him then on the
bed, which you better believe I keep within arms length, to acknowledge
his existence.  But he does not take the treat.  Rather, he gets down
from the bed to run through tubes with the others.  He has now said his
good morning.  And I have offered him a special goodie.  All is well
with his world.

Coco bites my feet shortly after they hit the floor so I will pick her
up.  I kiss and coo, but she only allows this for a few seconds, and
squirms to be some place exciting.I better fiind it quickly, or the teeth
sink deeper.  She is saying...entertain me.

Other times, Coco bites me to say...wow, I am so excited, I just HAVE to
bite you while I leap in the air.  She bites me hard when we all play
with the bags and tubes, and she has been hiding, and lunges out from
under a table to leap and bite in sheer exhaultation.  She is saying...
I am wild with happiness.

She is just starting to understand what I am saying.

Coco yells at Mini-Me when she is near to tell her she has had enough
abuse, gall dang it!!  I have let her put on a little weight with the
soup so she can outweigh Mini-Me now.  This helps protect her from the
alpha terror of our home, and gives her confidence to scream now in anger
instead of fear.

Tuffy and Waldo lie on their backs with feet in the air to say what happy
laid back sweet hearts they are.  Tuffy is a large black ferret with
black nose, and heavy with muscle, yet as gentle as could be.  He claws
and claws on my leg while standing on his hind legs to be picked up.  He
is a cuddler.  He falls asleep in my arms.  He loves being held.

Mini-Me leaps and twists in pure heaven after she has bitten the cat and
made him scream.  She is like Gollum at the end of the movie when he
leaps and leaps holding the ring....and falls.

Mini-Me eventually does the same...right off the couch or bed, or
wherever the poor cat was sleeping.  She is saying...I AM THE QUEEN,
I AM THE QUEEN!

Lovely follows me around like a puppy, and curls up next to my foot,
or my body, or my head.  His words are of devotion and love.  He is
everything I could ever want all in one ferret.

Chuckie, Dusty, Avery, Milo, and Peanut are still fear biters.  They tell
a story of multiple homes, living in small cages with no play time FOR
YEARS, and fear of being in a cage again.  Their words speak volumes.

Their bouncing off walls joy at their freedom, and their chatter/talk
as they skid down the hall as a gang says thank you, thank you, thank
you....but don't you be touching me yet.