From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:30:52 -0500
I think part of the problem may be getting the word out to people in
the area of the shelters needing help.  I see posts on several lists
but many local people may not subscribe to those lists.

What about contacting schools in the areas and talking with teachers
to see if any students would be interested in helping at the shelters?
Churches?  Many churches put out a newsletter.  Local clubs such as
the YMCA/YWCA, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, etc?

Of course when allowing under-age volunteers to help special precautions
must be taken but there would still be things they can do to help without
endangering the ferrets.

hugs. tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org