From:
Michael Ulik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 01:05:11 -0800
I see all sorts of letters about people that have ferrets that attack and
bite feet.  I have 5 ferrets and not one of them have ever bitten one of my
feet.  Sometime I will have socks on and will wiggle my foot in front of
them and one of them will grab only the sock and have a tug of war.  Of
course I have had bandages on some of my toes because if being diabetic and
blisters don't heal.  I think they saw the bandages and decided that I had
enough problems with out them biting my feet.  Even the biter I save from
the pet store would not bite my feet but he sure liked my fingers and arms.
Found out he was a biter because he was deaf.  2 squirts of bitter apple and
he was cured.

People say many different things about how often they should be bathed.  I
don't bath them at all.  People say that they will smell worse and worse
without bathing, mine don't.  I have had other people with ferrets smell
mine and say how often do I bath them and are shocked when I tell them
never.  The say my ferrets hardly smell at all compared to theirs.  I have
held whole hobs and they do smell quite a bit, but mine don't smeel that
much.