Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 04:14:37 -0500
its somewhere around 4:30 am, and i just got home from the emergency vets
office.

he says my ferret casper has hepatitis, and suggested that i put him to
sleep.  i cant do that yet... i have to at least TRY to help him get better.

his symptoms are: glassy eyes, staggering, weakness, shaking, serious weight
loss and the vet said his liver is shriveled and hard.  his heart beat is
very slow, he cant control when he pees, and does it all over his belly.

the vet says this hepatitis will kill him eventually... that he has probably
had it all his life, it just never affected him this bad before.  casper was
a rescue, so i do not know his family or medical history.

has anyone else gone through this?  my vet says hes only seen 2 other
ferrets have this... and that casper is the first male ferret.

i would like diets... and any vitamin/herbal suppliments you think i should
give him.  right now i am feeding him kaytee mushd into kitten milk
replacer... nutrical, ferretone and pedialyte.  he is taking 0.5 ml biomox,
and had a shot with an anti-inflamitory, and antibiotic in it.

help... he is my baby... and i just dont know what i will do without him!
i need to make him better