Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:16:49 +1300
Thanks to Bill Killian for sending the note about Gemn's surgery out to
the FML (and putting up with a phone call less than half an hour prior to
the time the FML was due out) and to BIG (as ever) for putting the note
in, despite it arriving at such short notice.  Thanks also to those who
expressed concern over Gemn's surgery today.

I was worried due to her general condition (she's just not as spritely as
she once was) and her age, since she's 8 years old.  People who have met or
heard about Gemn know that she's a gorgeous little girl, a pale champagne
siamese point with no tail, and a waddle when she walks.  She's the
self-same ferret who at 6 and a half years of age, someone swore that she
couldn't be more than six months.  Yet, she's the one ferret who I'll go
into the ferret room and tentatively 'feel' under the covers just to make
sure she's made it through the night.  Needless to say, today's surgery
was enough to keep me on tenterhooks throughout the day!

She came through, typically, with flying colours.  In fact, she's so
energetic right now, it's almost as though the whole thing gave her
energy!  Ferrets... <sigh> you just never know what to expect.

Sam