From:
"Hunter, Theresa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 12:51:00 MST
Hello everyone!

I have a funny comment that I would like to tell everyone about....

One of my ferrets...Tasha is so good at going to the bathroom in the
litterbox.  Ever since we first taught her where to go she hasn't missed the
box yet.  It is so wonderful to NOT have to clean up after one of them.  Any
way on to my story.  Tasha has begun to realize that if she goes to the
bathroom in the litter box that she will get a raisin or a lick of
ferretone.  Yesterday I was playing with my ferrets and she ran over to the
litter box and what appeared to be here going to the bathroom.  When she
thought that she had waited long enough she jumped out and ran over to me to
get her treat.  I was starting to feel that she was going to the bathroom
quite often(when she was in and out of the litter box every 3-5 minutes) so
I thought that I would go over and check if there was any fresh stuff in it.
I thought what a LITTLE DEVIL!!  She never even used it once and was getting
all of here favorite treats!  When I was over checking the litter box, she
came over and looked at me and then jumped in the box...flipped her tail up
and PRETENDED to go to the bathroom, jumped out and then stood on her back
feet for me to give her a treat.  I took one look at her and said "no way
Tasha....You have to actually USE the litter box...not just go in it!" I was
so shocked.  She is so smart for a 19 week old kit.

She had tried to fake it a few more times and I guess that she had realized
that I figured out what she was doing.  The last time that she tried to
trick me she even had the eyes squinting and she was right stretched out to
go.  What a little poop hey!!!  She finally did go the bathroom after many
hard attempts to get a treat and she was so happy to get her raisin!

Havock, Johnny, Tasha and me(Theresa)