From:
Patrick McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:37:09 +0800
Chloe R. Fearing And Kona Morgan Posted on Food question. Anyway, on to
the food.

>The lady who brought him to us said that she could get the food that he
>was on VERY cheap, so we have given it a chance.  On to the question, one
>is does anyone know if I can order this myself and where from.  I am going
>to call the manufacturer also to check, but I have a feeling they only
>deal with labs.  It is Harlan Teklad Ferret diet, the specs on it look
>pretty good and just from what I saw on Einstein, ferrets fatten up real
>nice.  Here is a page with the analysis
>http://www.harlan.com/teklad/other/standard/7772.htm

I would be cautious feeding a product that is mostly "ground corn" as
ferrets are Carnivore's.  for too many years we have given our ferrets the
wrong food and now that we have propper food available it would make sense
to provide the proper diet.  I know that there are many "GOOD" diet's
available for our ferrets but the major ingredient should be animal not
vegetable.  I commend you on your find but would also suggest getting the
advice of your Vet prior to making this a permanent change.  This diet
appears to be geared for Labratory animals and not companion's.

The choice is always your.  It is only my opinion.  Blessings and luck on
your trials.

Patrick

Rabbi Mac and the Rabble Rousers, Li'l Bear, Stempie, Foozel Marie, Fergie
(her bud),Buster, Possum, Squeek, Gus and Shadow the Wonder (why I can't be
a fert) Dog.

http://nm-ferrets.virtualave.net
http://members.dencity.com/HPFRS