From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 09:42:45 EDT
Hello to All,

Prayers are sent to all that need them.  I had to assist Kineman to
Rainbow Bridge a couple of weeks ago.  I kept telling myself he gave me a
sign when he was in the vet.  I was ony taking him to get him checked out
because he didn't want to eat even if you tried to force feed him.  He
was grinding and would stop and stare off in the vet.  Moved slowly and
everything.  The vet said we would need to assist him.  I asked when she
said today.  I wasn't prepared because I had never done this and he was
my rehab.  It could not be happening like this because it was totally a
suprise.  We took a x-ray.  Boy, there were things everywhere that were
not suppose to be there.  I had just found out he was 7 years old.  Not a
good candidate for any surgeries.  So, I talked to him and sang our
favorite song.

I went to the vet the other day, to take someone in for a check up.  I
asked about the postmortem.  Boy, this old man had a lot of different
types of cancers.  He was so strong even to the end.  A little body
riddled with so many things I thought.  He was still my baby boy.  I
still miss him.  But, now I know I made the right choice.

Thanks for listening,
Benita