From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:20:47 -0800
Holiday Greetings All,

After my inquiry about Lupron, I received all kinds of responses off
list.  I am thrilled to share with you the information on a vet in KS who
worked with his pharmacist to dilute a stronger dose of Lupron, into what
evertually was a 1 month ferret dose, pre-measured in a syringe at only
$14.50 per dose!!!  These can be given sub-q or IM.

I would not be quick to purchase w/o some research if this was not the
source of Lupron for 2 very well known and respected people in our ferret
community.

Shipping is via overnight, on ice, at a cost of $18.95 - which means you
want to buy as much as you can at once and/or plan to share with someone
else in your area.  These last for 6 months in the frig. and Dr. Snyder
said they should not be frozen.

I know that for a couple of my non-surgical candidates, this is the
difference between them being able to be comfortable and not.  I've
ordered 12 doses and had them shipped to my vet, which was preferred
by Dr. Snyder since it is a prescription drug.  I'll be administering
mine myself, although my vet offered to do it at no charge if I needed.

Here's the vet info - I called him, they took a message and he returned
my call in just a couple hours.  Nice man:

Dr. Larry Snyder
University Small Animal Clinic
2619 SW 17th St.
P.O. Box 4135