From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 10:29:43 -0400
Hi, Everyone!

I have an interesting experience I'd like to relay to get your opinion on...

The other night my husband was sitting on the sofa eating an english muffin
with *jelly*.  Of course, several of our 6 ferrets went up to investigate
and soon realized that Dad had one of their favorites ..  jelly!  What
happened next surprised me ..

My husband was telling our little girl (the only female in the bunch) "NO!!"
Because she was trying to steal the whole muffin.  After a couple of NO's,
he started laughing and told me to look.

Our sweetest most cudly guy all (Fewwit) all of a sudden would grab her by
the neck, and drag her off!!  If she went back to the plate, he could grab
her by her neck, again, and drag her off!!

This is where my husband and I differ.

He thinks Fewwit was dragging her off because he kept saying NO and she
wasn't listening, so Fewwit was showing her what NO meant!

I think Fewwit was just trying to get her away so *HE* could have some jelly!

My husband doesn't agree with me because he said after Fewwit dragged her
off, Fewwit didn't go back to the plate to try to get some jelly ..  he just
pulled his "Oh, poor pitiful me!!" flatback routine on the sofa.

I think he just got protective of his jelly, pulled her off so he could get
first dibs, didn't get any dibs, then pulled his "Oh, poor little me"
routine!

Has anyone had this experience before?  I've seen my ferrets fight over a
raisin, but NEVER have I seen one get dragged away from food before (and
repeatedly at that!).

Nancy and my six jelly-crazed babies!