From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 18:10:10 -0400
Catherine - While shopping at a pet store I picked up some dried minnow/fish
treats for cats.  Giesela will occassionally eat/crunch one or two.  They
smell so bad I won't take them out of the ziploc I put them in.  I open it
and drop it on the floor - if she wants one she puts her head in and takes
it.  Also I got a free sample of the new IAMS fish and rice cat food.  They
seem to like it ok.  I mix a little in with their TF and QC+.  Sometimes I
see Giesela pick it out.

I guess I missed the big ECE thing but what is coronavirus?  I have to agree
with Jeff and was just about the post the same suggestion, although with
much less scientific background.  ECE symptoms don't necessarily mean ECE.
A friend of mine lost Festus to something a couple of months ago.  Very ECE
like but don't think that was it.  I am beginning to think there is a whole
different virus out there - which makes me want to know more about this
cornavirus thing (I haven't been on the computer for awhile).  I am going to
post the lab reports from Festus as a separate post in the next couple of
days since it's kind of long.

Walking your ferret without a leash.  I go outside around the house with
Giesela not on a leash because she doesn't take off hell bent for leather.
I only do this for say 15 minutes at a time.  Usually a smoke break from
gardening and I just follow her as she winds her way around the house.  She
has gotton to know the immediate vicinity of the house (3-4 feet away from
the foundation) pretty well, knows how to run back to the porch door or
garage door if a noise scares her.  Lately she has been exhibiting boredom
with this though and keeps trying to get to the neighbors house - that's
usually when i take her back inside.  She LIVES to go outside.  Before she
wasn't all that clingy, now she's a perfect little suction cup when I'm
walking around, in and out of the house - just in case I'll take her out!
Boris is one year old and I just got his scent glands removed - another
lesson in wathcing ferret attitude.  After many trips to the vet because he
just seemed a little lethargic, the vet didn't really find anything wrong -
but his butt was a little stinky all the time when it wasn't before
(embarssingly enough you had to get really close to smell it).  Well he is
now a whole new ferret!  They must have been bothering him just a
little/enough to make him sleepy etc.

I am reconsidering getting a dog after some of the past few days posts. It's
just there are so many that need homes and I have a huge wonderful field in
my back yard.

Hugs and dooks to all ferrets, especially the sick and shelter ferrets.
Miss Mary, Boris and Giesela
P.S.  When is Bob coming to Michigan?  This I got to see!