From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 10:29:23 -0500
>From:    Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    Mark Michael <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: magnetic latch & key system.  I expect to find the key missing
>Nipper ...never met a cabinet I couldn't conquer

Luckily for humans, frits don't pay any attention to the key.  It just
doesn't seem to be one of those *fun* things that interest them.  The key
literally looks & is the size of a cabinet door knob.  My cages are on top
of their own counter in my family room.  I keep all my weasel stuff in
there.  I just stick the key to the cages so I always know where they are.
The only problem you might have if you don't have a handy place to stick it,
is what pair of pants you were wearing when you put it in your pocket.

Even Nipper can't get through this system.  No matter how whippetty or how
big & strong they absolutely can't get in.  W/out a strong enough magnet (&
it doesn't have to be their key) you would have to rip the door off to get
in.

You would think I was selling these things...hey I could probably make a
bundle selling them w/ferret stuff!  I'm still trying to find out where you
can get them & I'll post when I do.

>From:    Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
>Judith and Kermit, the big guy with the skinny poop

Have you check their anal glands.  Sometimes they don't empty properly or
could be infected or impacted.  Oh, you have descented frits.  What a
coincidence, so did I.  Check them anyway.  I've had 2 that needed surgery &
a few that just needed emptying.  Just goes to show you what a good job of
descenting they do at 5 or 6 weeks on the poor little pet store babies.

Juliana Quadrozzi - Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos, & Tuxedo - PULL!