From:
Ashley Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 02:43:07 -0500
So my nine year old Bear is starting to show signs of adrenal. We just
recently found out about his cardiomyopathy and he's on lasix and
enalipril to manage that for the time being. However I'm not exactly
sure how to treat adrenal disease with him. He will definitely not be
having surgery and I'm not even sure that lupron would be effective or
help at this point in his life. He's very healthy besides his enlarged
heart and his cataracts. He's slower than my younger fuzzies but has
no problem keeping up with them as he is still my alpha. He's also got
some hindleg weakness from being locked in a cage with his brother for
several months at a time at their previous home (already ruled out
insulinoma as his BG is 110)

Anyways, anyone who has had experience with old age and the
effectiveness of treating adrenal ((I'll take any suggestions on
treatment), your advice would be greatly appreciated!