From:
mary ann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:20:23 -0400
Hey Folks,

I had the mixed pleasure of meeting my son's girlfriends ferret today.
He is a lovely & sweet DEW of about 5 years.  She has only had him about
1 year (helping a friend who could no longer house ferrets)

Anyhow this boy gets no medical attention & I am naturally upset.  He had
a mate but he died a few months ago from what sounds like an awful end
involving Insulinoma.

I handled him for a bit, clipped his nails & noticed he was quite
unnaturally firm in his entire mid section-- I also felt a prominent mass
on his left lower anterior side.  Clearly he needs medical attention Any
obvious thoughts for that mass?

I plan on trying to convince her to let me take him to the vet & have him
examined & ADV screened.

My other question is if I can manage to take him from her (which is my
evil plan, tee-hee)  Would that be in his best interest?  ( I know that
sounds stupid) --I guess I am jumping the gun but I know stuff--likely
major stuff is going on inside him--and am wondering if taking him to my
place for some much needed love, attention & play would be ok---oh I am
rambling--I am sure you all know what I mean -- I am concerned if he has
something terminal might I aggravate it by stressing him to a new home,
new ferrets?? etc etc.One step at a time Mary Ann, I will get him to the
vet and see what is what & take it from there--

Right?

Thanks Guys
Mary Ann

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.
 Isadora Duncan~~

A wound will not heal until the matter is given words and witness
Clarissa Pinkola Estes~~