Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2013 05:32:21 -0700
Piccolo has crossed the bridge yesterday (Monday)

On Sunday he looked better than usual. He even ate half the food (this
is food we give with pred to prevent ulcers) from a crook and the rest
from a spoon. We had been able to move from scuffing and syringing the
food to him eating it from a spoon. He even ate some tater control
bandits which surprised us, as he is so very picky on what he eats.

I had to stay up all night at the hospital because a family member had
a heart attack, when I got home I gave the morning meds and noted he
did not look very good. I had seen him not look good before meds and
look better later. I was thinking the meds would work like they did
before. He looked so good the day before. I took a nap for a couple
hours (since I had been up for 28 hours at that time) when I got up
and checked on him he was worse. I took him to the vet and we helped
him over the bridge. He passed in my arms.

Thank you for all the advice which was offered.

Now I need to concentrate on his brother (litter mate) Oliver who is
bonded with him and is an emotional ferret who takes the loss of any
ferret friend very hard.

Have a nice day

Mike