From:
Robert & Pheobe Simkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:29:52 -0700
I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank you for the wealth of
information I have learned from your daily posts.

We just got 3 ferrets about 2 weeks ago.  Someone was advertising them
for sale in our local paper.  When we went to look at them I new there
was no way I would walk away with out them.

Even though this was our first experience with ferrets it was very obvious
the people were not keeping good care of them.  Well I am happy to announce
that they are now doing fine.  We have 2 boys and a girl.  All are very
young around 8 to 9 months old.  The people did not give us any info with
them so we are doing everything blind.  I bought one of the ferret
magazines which has been very helpful, but I know we still have a lot to
learn.  I just have a few questions...

They told us that they got all their shots already but I am not truly sure.
They came from a breeder in Las Vegas Nevada but I do not know who.  Since
I am in California I am not sure about vets etc.  Does anyone have any
suggestions.  We are in N. San Diego County.  Is there anything vital I
need to know right off the bat about raising ferrets?

Any and all help would be appreciated.  They are truly a bundle of joy.
We let them out 4 - 5 times a day for about 1 - 2 hours but because I
have to young children I think for there safety that is about all they
can handle at one time.  My boys run them ragged.  They play, play, play.
The dances they do are hilarious.  It is so much fun.

Do they need to be outside at all?  So far we have just been letting out
in the house.  But my hubby is going to build a larger cage for them so
they can go outside and play too and still be safe.  Anyway, thank you
for all your help and wonderful stories and information.

Pheobe

The Birth Circle offering:
HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education
http://members.home.net/rsimkins/HypnoBirthing.htm