From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:18:47 -0700
>From:    Dawn Gsoell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Two sad years with ferrets

There is validity in your comments.  We don't agree completely but when
resources are limitted you do need to allocate resources carefully.

>Two of the ferrets in my care have terminal illnesses.  One is adrenal,
>the other has insulonoma.

Ferret adrenal disease is not terminal in and of itself.  But it can
sometimes lead to different terminal diseases.  From all I can tell
adrenal disease is also not painful like many other diseases.  There have
been cases where we did not treat adrenal disease as the risks of surgery
in some ferrets do actually outweigh the benefits.  NOT most cases.

We wouldn't consider euthanasia merely for having ferret adrenal disease.

b&d
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets