From:
Jodi Cade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:03:33 -0500
Hello, everyone!
I have an unbelievable story to tell you, watch out, it's very upsetting and
aggrivating!

Just yesterday I picked up my ferret from the local shelter after having her
boaded for the weekend.  I sat and spoke with the shelter mom, Ann Holman,
for a good while.  She asked me if I had seen a ferret on the news last week
and I said no.  She began to tell me that there was a fire in town and on
the news they showed a fireman carrying a wire cage, with nothing in it
except an albino ferret.  Scince she is a vet-tech for Dr., Renne Lara here
in College Station she saw the ferret when it was brought in (TWO WEEKS
LATER) for a check up.  Apparantly the owners were going to give her away
because they had to move into an apartment which wouldn't allow ferrets.

In conclusion, the ferret couldn't walk because all four of it's legs and
paws were burned so badly in the fire because there was absolutely NO
padding of any kind in the cage!!!!!  Let me remind everyone that this is
TWO WEEKS after the fire occured!  I cannot believe that there are ferret
owners out there who actually are responsible for ferrets who are completely
dependent upon them for anything and everything that are that blind and
uncaring.  To top everything off she preceded to tell me that the ferret's
owner was studying to be a veterinary Technician!!!!!!!  What can we do?  It
disturbs me to hear stories like this.  But, I am glad to say that ANN took
her in and she is recovering!  Thank goodness for shelter moms and caring
people!

Jodi and Tinker