From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:43:37 -0800
Here is the reason why to Not use "Bio-Spot( brand )Stripe-on Flea
Control For Cats and Ferrets.", not this year, certainly.  We had good
results with the uses of Bio-Spot products in years before this one, and
had fully expected the same...but with a single tiny spot-on application,
just a single drop of the stripe-on, on one of our five-year-old rescues
whom we have had in residence for four years and who has never had any
sign of reactions before, little Appalonia KissyFace Ferret went into
head-thrown-back, gasping convulsions and died within 30 seconds, even
as I tried to wash it off of her.

When we got to our veterinarian whose offices are exactly 3 minutes away
from our Sanctuary, he was very sorry, and advised us not to use any of
the Bio-Spot stripe-on on any of the cats or ferrets at all.  He stated
he'd recently had three cats come in to him killed by the use of the
Bio-Spot's Stripe-on and it turned out that the chemicals used to kill
fleas in it are over-highly concentrated ( in this year's production) so
he firmly recommends that no one use any of the Bio-Spot Stripe-On for
either their ferrets Or their cats at all, whatsoever.

Poor little Appalonia Kissyface's death saved the lives of 7 cats and 36
other ferrets, including the life of her dear cage-mate, Maggie Mae Moxie
Ferret.

We sincerely hope this warning may be in time to save many, many more.

A much saddened Wes Hurley and Susie Lee of the Ferret and Dove Sanctuary
of Pensacola, Fl.

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html