From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:52:45 EST
Okay I am confused!  I don't generally get into the "spats" here on the
FML and tend to stick to the light hearted stuff.  And now I am probably
opening a car of worms here, but........... I was just reading about the
May 25, 2002 Tristate Ferret Extravaganza 2002 & Symposium.  Since I just
got back from the Vegas Symposium and dying to find when the next one is
going to be.  I was all excited thinking this was the announcement.  What
a let down.  So are all the ferret shows going to be called Symposiums
now?  Seems like name stealing to me.

But the thing that shocked me the most from the post was, "Ferrets MUST
have proof of USDA approved distemper vaccine & rabies shot.  ADV Testing
RECOMMENDED, but NOT required"

After everything I learned at the Vegas Symposium I am shocked.  I
certainly wouldn't take my animals to a show that didn' t require ADV
testing.  And that Big, Bob Church, And Dr. Williams, 3 men who I admire
tremendously, are speaking at this show and supporting this really shocks
me.  Was I wrong?  Is ADV not that big of thing?

Hugs,
Robin & Doodlebug
http://www.geocities.com/kourifanclub/doodlebug.html
Kouri Fan Club...