From:
Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:26:12 -0500
TRIPPER(FAT BOY)

Tripper was rescued from parking lot of pet store.  We use 4 pet store
steadily as we are price shoppers.  (Rescue, you have to be!!)  Upon
arriving at one there was a family trying to return one, The thing that
had me IRATE was the manager took everything else back!  Not Tripper (We
named).  The manager told them about us as we were walking in, they came
to us and started talking, we ask for vet records, they said it was at
home, we said okay meet us at our home at 2 pm.  We did our shopping (We
were under the pressure they left) then headed for our car.  When we got
done loading the trunk we got into the car, I was about to close the door
when that family pulled up and let him out in the parking lot almost
running over him!  He ran under our car from the tire screeching and came
right to me.  I picked him up he was shaking frantically.  Took him home,
bathed him, feed him and held him first two hours as he did not want to
leave me.

Why we called him Tripper?  Simple he lays on your feet!  When he s on
the floor he like s to lay his head on feet if they are around.  Took
him to the vet and healthy but gave him the shots, and no bad reactions.

It took only two days for him to catch his name.  But he s a lazy guy and
loves protein!  He s only 3 = yrs.  Old but weighs 6.2 lbs!  (We need
Ferri-craig or something)  He active, runs and plays but god he eats like
there s no tomorrow!  He s been attached to our Vegas, she has Adreanal,
but if one goes to make her squeal boy that fat one goes running!  They
have been a pair looking out for one another, and are cute when we find
them lying together, as Tripper actually puts his arm (front leg) around
her and they face nose to nose (Cutest Kodak moment you ll ever see)
Tripper we guess due to his large size loves to lay on back and have us
rub his jelly rolls (2).  He is our only over weight ferret.  I thought
he d might be a Canadian ferret but he is not.  Just one big Ferret.  He
is a silver sable mitt.  But protein is his only treat!  No sweet spot.

When he s tired or worked up and ready to collapse it s funny every
time, because he covers his eyes with his paws.  And no no fetal position
for him.  Lays Flat rear legs spread wide and front ones over his eyes.
Don t know why but he does this all the time.  With Tripper we consider
him the only Married Ferret.  Cause amongst all the girl ferrets he only
protects, plays and loves Vegas.  Due to the way the prior owners left
him, we did have animal cruelty pressed on them, and besides that
additional was filed by the county because of a dog they had was in
terrible condition.  We still have a hard time understanding their
wanting to get ridd of him.  He s not aggressive and well not hard to get
either.  We re just glad he s with us.