From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:16:52 -0500
Here is another tribute to the 8 in 1 garbage that they sell in the name
of pet food, as was described yesterday by Debbie, Nibbles and Rocky.

It is well proven 8 in 1 does not have any kind of quality control.  In
yesterday's post, the response from 8 in 1 was that the crumbled and
moldy product was from shipping problems.  Two things come from that
ignorant excuse:

1) If the product was crumbled from shipping, then the packaging was
extremely inadequate for the product.

2) Mold can come only from packaging that was opened, or that had been
packaged with the mold on the product prior to being put into the
packaging.

There have been many posts of all kinds of 8 in 1 products with mold
on it.  This is NOT an isolated case but the usual way this product is
produced and shipped.  It is not limited to one time or one product,
but from the many posts here is many times in many of 8 in 1 products.

Chemicals can retard molding, but that would also be ingested and be not
safe for mammals to eat.  The product needs to be free of mold prior and
at packaging and then sealed so it cannot collect migrating mold spores.

In any case, all these reports are of a grossly inadequate manufacturing
process.  I have many years in food production packaging experience as a
Maintenance Manager and Engineer so I know very well both the machining
end and the production end where they both have to work hand in hand to
produce an viable product.

One more time I can only advise all of you to cease buying any 8 in 1
product.  I also have had such experience dealing with the 8 in 1
company on product I had bought and find the company to be far less than
cooperative and professional.  From the many posts here it is abundantly
obvious the products of 8 in 1 are unsafe, produced without adequate
quality control, and the packaging inadequate.

Simply do NOT buy ANY 8 in 1 product.

Gordon, Pete and RePete