From:
Andrew & Carrie Dishman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:00:21 -0500
Thanks to all who wote me with suggestions.  Looks like my little girl had
a bladder infection.  The doctor saw blood in her urine and said that the
lathargic behavior and the problem with her back end both are associated
with it.  She is on antibiotics and the doctor said she should be feeling
better in about three days.  Many people wote me back saying she could have
Juvenile lymphoma.  She has not lost any weight and with the blood in her
urine the doctor was sure it must be a bladder infection.  He said he see
it alot in ferrets.  When I was searching the internet on health issues and
ferrets it didn't come up as something they often get.  Anyone have any
information on it?  Well anyway thank you again for all the help and I
will let you all know how she feels after a few days of the antibiotic.

Also off the subject but has anyone noticed different colorization on their
ferrets front teeth.  One of Batty's fangs is clearish in color at the tip.
We think it may be an enamal problem but we are going to take her when we
take Sniffles back in to have the doctor check it out.  Any one had a
ferret with a cavity or this appearance on a tooth?

Thanks Carrie,Batty, Sniffles, and Guiness